South, North, East, West
Calling the Quarters
Quarters: directional quarters of the earth/each has a guardian or spirit
Man was said to be made up of 4 elements and thus we call in all parts of ourselves and the Divine.
If you are in a group Circle, you can use individuals to call in the Quarters. If you are a Solitary, you can honour each direction yourself using any of the ways suggested below.
If you are wanting to cast a spell for a particular purpose, you may like to pay extra attention to the particular quarter which aligns itself to your desire. For example: Achieving a desire Fire/North.
The following alignments are for the Southern Hemisphere.
- Salt, earth, oils such as Oak Moss, Patchouli
- Standing on earth, sprinkling of earth and salt, anointing
- Resilience, order, law, politics, education, security, money.
- Candles, open flame of any kind, oils such as pepper, ginger, frankincense
- Lighting flame, passing flame around the circle, anointing with oil.
- Passion, purpose, strength, achievement, destruction of what is not needed
- Incense, fragrance, smoke, kite, balloons, oils such as bergamot, lime, eucalyptus
- Smudging, blowing smoke, bubbles, bells, singing bowls.
- Communication, creativity, logic, travel, new beginnings, ideas,flow.
- Salt water, moon water, shells, rain, oils such as rose, ylang ylang
- Anointing with water, passing the cup
- Relationships, love, psychic connection, birth/death/rebirth